Clean Whilst Remaining Green
With heightened awareness of environmental issues, many companies are now considering how they can be more environmentally conscious in their working practices.
So, what are Heath and Wiltshire doing to be as environmentally friendly as possible in our day-to-day working practices?
We are always looking towards a greener future and constantly adapting while maintaining the highest of standards in cleaning services.
We know you put your trust in us, so we want you to have 100% confidence in our environmental policies and procedures.
Managing our, and therefore your, environmental footprint is something we take incredibly seriously when planning our cleaning contracts with you.
Heath & Wiltshire’s Green Promise
We have taken great strides in reducing carbon emissions and water use.
We have done this by constantly monitoring our choice of products, how we manage our employees and vehicles, wastage and efficiency within the business and much more besides.
Our Choice of Products
- Autoglym – We are registered Autoglym operators. Autoglym products are free from phosphorous and phosphates. They are also NTA free and can be used with hot or cold water making it an extremely eco-friendly choice with no compromise in quality.
- Waterless Cleaning Products – We know that water is not a limitless resource and we are committed to preserving water. We know to respect this vital resource. We have reduced our water consumption by using waterless cleaning products and products which work equally well with cold water.
- Microfibre Cloths – Minimising waste is of great importance to us therefore we have chosen to use microfibre cloths. Microfibre cloths have a much greater lifespan than other similar products, require less water and chemicals. Microfibre cloths are also believed to remove up to 98% of bacteria and 93% of viruses from a surface using only water making it the perfect choice for healthcare centres, schools and other sectors.
Our Vehicles and Employees
CO2 levels in the atmosphere are at a record high so we have taken considerable measures to manage our fleet’s impact with some exciting new plans afoot.
- Employ Locally – This minimises the mileage and fuel consumption and reduces carbon emissions. The less time spent in the car the lower emissions.
- New Vehicles – Our vehicles are all three years old or less minimising the amount of fuel consumed per mile.
- Regular Maintenance – All our vehicles are maintained to ensure high fuel economy. Incorrect tyre pressure can reduce tyre life and increase fuel consumption.
- Vehicle Trackers – We track our vehicles for optimum efficiency and responsible driver behaviour. We use the TomTom® Telematics Vehicle Tracking to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Safe Driving Techniques – Our drivers are encouraged to drive safely, sensibly and responsibly;
- More slowly
- Minimise harsh braking and acceleration
- Use appropriate gears
- Minimise vehicle weight
- Efficient route planning to avoid congestion
ISO 9001 Accreditation
We are ISO 9001 accredited.
ISO 9001 guarantees we meet the international standards for a QMS (Quality Management System).
Our commitment to ISO 9001 guarantees;
- Less wastage
- Increased efficiency
- Increased productivity
- Consistently measured and monitored outcomes
Our Commitment to Green Cleaning – What Does the Future Hold?
In keeping with our green ethos, we have been researching ways to keep improving, becoming more efficient and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Electric Vehicles – We are looking into the potential of going electric with a fleet of electric vehicles and initially trialling the benefits by hiring. We are also looking at the advantages of starting a small fleet of electric vehicles of our own. There are pros and cons to going electric and we need to carefully weigh them up and find ways to overcome some of the challenges. Where there’s a will there’s a way!
- We are Excited About Becoming ISO 14001 Accredited – ISO 14001 is an internationally recognised accreditation that enables companies to have a standardised EMS (environmental management system). Click here to read more about the benefits >> Many of the ISO 14001 standards have already been implemented at Heath and Wiltshire.
By working in cooperation with a viable and realistic eco-friendly cleaning contract in place, we can and are making a difference.
If you’re looking ahead to 2018 and are in need of a range of professional cleaning services, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’re always happy to help!
0800 772 0178