Builders Clean Case Study – Adston Construction
Adston Construction are one of the leading construction companies in the UK and Ireland. They offer an efficient full turnkey service from pre-construction, right through to Fit Out and Management Services, to a diverse client base across many sectors.
They engaged Heath and Wiltshire to provide cleaning services during construction of an extension and full interior fit-out of a Lidl supermarket store in Blackwater Hampshire.
After request for services, Heath and Wiltshire visited the site and conducted a survey of requirements with the site manager.
The Cleaning Services Carried Out
Phase 1 – Roof Tiles
Power wash clean existing roof tiles and remove all debris to ensure a consistent appearance across the existing roof and new roof on the extension.
This involved access equipment (boom lift) to reach all parts of the roof in a safe and controlled manner. Areas were treated with SoluGuard cleaning chemical and then jet-washed.
Phase 2 – Builders Clean
- Clean existing front curtain wall and all glazing frames.
- Clean top of existing chiller and existing dixi baler.
- Acid treat all wall tiles / bakery / WCs / sluice etc.
- Clean all internal and external doors and frames.
- All existing glazing internal traditional clean and external reach n wash.
- Clean existing kitchen / welfare area, back of house etc.
- Warehouse and internal loading bay.
- Acid treat all floors in new extension with cement residue remover and then scrub dry machines to finish.
- Degrease all floors in existing and finish to provide finish as above.
Phase 3 – Sparkle Clean
- Clean areas where snagging work has taken place
- Clean shelving ready for merchandising
- Re-clean all floors. (Machine clean – Scrubber Dryer)
- Re-clean glazing
The cleaning was completed to schedule and the store handed back to the client on 29th November. The store is due to open to the public the very next day.
During the course of the service delivery, Heath and Wiltshire were asked for additional minor cleaning which was not foreseen by the client or requested at the time of submitting the proposal. These included cleaning of some fencing and a car park jet wash.
Heath and Wiltshire adopt a flexible approach to the cleaning service and appreciate on projects such as this that there will likely be additional requests and at short notice. We were able to schedule the cleaning and bring in additional labour resource to ensure no delay for the client in delivering the store.
Adston Construction have been very impressed with the results of the cleaning, the efficiency in which the teams were managed and the ease of communication with Heath and Wiltshire management.
As a result, Heath and Wiltshire have been engaged on the next project which is another Lidl construction in Chippenham.
Do you need our cleaning services? Look no further! Contact us today to discuss any requirements you might have!
- Phone: 0800 772 0178
- Email: email@example.com